Location: Charleston, SC
Job Summary: We are seeking a passionate and experienced development advisor. As a development advisor, you will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies for our clients, with a focus on donor cultivation, event planning, and major gift solicitations. You will work closely with our team to ensure that our clients receive excellent service and support in achieving their fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in nonprofit fundraising, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a deep commitment to making a positive impact in the nonprofit sector. If you are a creative and strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, you may be our next team member.
Key Responsibilities: Our ideal candidate must have experience and proven success in the following areas:
- Provide fundraising and development consultation and strategies for assigned client accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals and donor engagement targets.
- Support clients in managing donor relationships and stewardship efforts to ensure retention and increased support over time.
- Identify and cultivate new donors and funding opportunities through research, outreach, and relationship-building.
- Plan and execute fundraising events and campaigns, including donor appeals, annual giving programs, and major gift solicitations.
- Prepare and present reports on fundraising and development activities to senior management and board members, and ensure compliance with legal and ethical fundraising standards.
- Assist with Cloud 9 business development to help grow the business with qualified clients
- Lead and inspire team members, clients and partners
- Proactively find new ways to assist our nonprofit clients and help them address the issues they face and achieve their fundraising goals
- Maintain an understanding of client causes, fundraising strategies and nonprofit sector trends
- Understand company capabilities and effectively communicate all offerings to existing clients and potential clients
- Assess and triage client challenges and develop solution-focused fundraising plans
- Review client deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Ensure all projects are produced in a high-quality manner and exceed the client’s expectations
- Work closely with the Cloud 9 team and partners to complete projects on time and within budget
- Respond promptly and professionally to client requests or needs and anticipate desires and opportunities
- Obtain working knowledge about each client’s landscape, target audiences, services and programs, and support their goals as a member of the Cloud 9 team
- Be proactive in recognizing project scope changes and make appropriate recommendations, revisions and/or updates as needed
- Champion each client and their cause
Cloud Nine Nonprofit Advisors is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. We will contact you if we believe your skill set is a fit. Thank you for your interest in Cloud 9.